Saturday, February 20, 2010

My new imaginary best friend

Let me introduce you to my new friend Ree. Ok, she's not really my friend. But if I actually knew her and she knew me, I guarantee we would be friends.

Anyway...

Pioneer Woman - I love everything about this website. I love the blog, her recipes and her photography. I have recently made her salsa and the chocolate cake (and mine actually looked like that picture - that never happens!).

They were both to die for. And I am also a total salsa snob. I am very hard to please - as is my husband - and we both love it. The only thing I did differently to the salsa was add more garlic because I'm a garlic gal. TH thinks there could also be some green pepper added next time.

She also has a cookbook out that I had to buy because her photography is just so awesome. Her recipes are super easy to follow, complete with pictures and step by step instructions for dummies like me.

Try it...and report back.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, now I'm totally going to make that cake today! I love Pioneer Woman too! And I saved that recipe a while ago and even bought the ingredients, just haven't made it yet. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is awesome...you won't be disappointed. You may feel guilty knowing how much butter is in it though. :-) Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete