Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sutliff

Tonight we met friends at Sutliff. Friends that live in Kansas City and we don't get to see often, but when we do there are many stories told and laughs shared.
Here is Sutliff Store. A place where you can stick dollar bills to the ceiling, eat greasy food and drink soda out of a can.

The boys got to throw rocks and tree branches into the rising Cedar River. This is such a boy thing to do. They were drawn to it like a magnet.
This is what is left of the historic Sutliff Bridge after the 2008 flood swept away the rest. I remember walking across the bridge the first time Trophy Hub took me there.Add Image

The river was really moving tonight and it was very eerie. There was also some flooding in the fields near there. I know it wouldn't be anything like 2008 but to be honest, it still freaks me out a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. You should have been a photographer...well I guess you are......you take very good pictures. MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! When B & I win the lottery, I will be a photographer. What an awesome career!

    ReplyDelete