Friday, January 1, 2010

Slowly but surely

We have been sloooooooooooooowly working on getting our basement finished. We know that as our kids get older (and with the possibility of expanding our family) we are going to need more space than what we currently have on the main floor of our house. We would like to do most of the work ourselves. It's a great learning experience and it's a lot cheaper!

The first room in the basement was framed last January. The drywall also started going up in January but the last taping and mudding was completed more recently. (Trophy Hub going back to school put a definite cramp on free time to spend on the basement.) This room has no window, so it wouldn't be a conforming bedroom - meaning if we sold it, we couldn't count it as a bedroom- but it could be used that way and our plan is to make it into a guest room.

With the drywall now complete, it was my turn. Here is what it looked like at about 2pm today:
And this is what it looked like at 6pm. Isn't it amazing what a few hours of hard work can do? Unlike most people, I actually don't mind painting. This was my first time painting a ceiling and that wasn't much fun, but the regular old rolling and brushing I don't mind.

Next up is light fixtures (or we could just leave the light bulbs hanging, what do you think?) and trim. Then carpet! I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

  1. Great room. But, my focus---"with the possibility of expanding our family.."
    Give me details in my inbox!
    Sincerely,
    Your aunt that also suffers from verbal diarrhea!

    ReplyDelete