Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crown me!

Roughly 18 years ago, I was diagnosed as a fleshly headed mutant with a baby tooth. Translation: I had a baby tooth without an adult tooth underneath it. So, my wonderful dentist - and I'm not kidding, he was a great dentist, a little odd, but a great dentist - put a crown on the tooth with strict instructions to never let another dentist pull it. Because then I would look like I'm from Kentucky have to get some sort of implant.

For a few years now, my new dentist has been talking to me about replacing that stainless steel crown to a tooth colored one.  It wasn't a huge priority for me because it wasn't like my front tooth - who really cares? I am in the camp of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" so I ignored their attempts to make me feel insecure about my mouth bling.

Well, I few weeks ago when Trophy Hub and I were getting wooed by a car salesman, I lost a filling in the back on a Sugar Daddy. OMGoodness, that's embarrassing. But, it's the truth. He gave me a Sugar Daddy thinking it would get me to buy the truck and instead it pulled the filling right out and I was spitting metal for the next hour. Damn car salesman anyway.

So, I had to go to the dentist. They fixed the filling and I made appointments for the 4 of us to get our semi-annual cleaning and verbal spanking for not flossing. Well, Trophy Hub gets the verbal spanking. I actually DO floss most of the time everyday. At that time, I figured it I could handle this filling fiasco I could handle them replacing the crown. The dentist assured me it was no worse than the filling replacement.

Monday were the marathon dentist appointments. The boys both did great - Bubba actually got his teeth polished for the first time! Yay! Peanut has always done well at the dentist. I was nervous most of the day about this. I'm not a big baby - I actually think I handle pain very well - dental stuff just freaks me out. I got my teeth cleaned then the shot for numbness, then they put on the temporary crown. They take an impression of your tooth and then a dental lab has to make it. So I get to back in 2 weeks for more dental fun. Even with my face feeling like it was 4 times bigger than it is, I could feel that the temporary. It feels nasty. You know if you don't brush your teeth at night, how they feel in the morning? Imagine that feeling times a million and that's how nasty is feels....like popcorn, splenda, hummus all caked on the tooth.

It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment