Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To camp or not to camp

Last year, we visited some friends while they were camping. We started to get the itch for a camper. We got over it when fall and winter came.

Late spring, we visited some other friends while they were camping. The itch has returned. 

It's amazing as I've shared our itch with others, most of them have poo-pooed the idea. (Yes, that's a technical term.) It's so much work, It's so expensive, You'll have to empty the pee tank...

I'm sure it is a lot of work. Packing and unpacking is a lot of work. And most of that work would fall on me. I'm sure I could leave the packing to Trophy Hub, but no one would have underwear or a toothbrush. And just to be fair, it were up to me to empty the pee tank, we'd be staying in a hotel. 

There's just a little difference between what we can afford and what we want. 


 
I'm no princess, but I've had 2 babies and I'm not trucking through a campground to pee in the middle of the night. Having a potty on site is crucial. 

Now, I'm off to check Craigslist for the perfect camper!

1 comment:

  1. I'll just say camping is fun and enjoyable, but also a lot of work....packing, unpacking; getting home after getting wet, have all that wet stuff to unload, dryout, etc.....and yes, you would be the one that probably would have to do most of the work!!! Good luck on finding the "perfect" camper. I think I'll stick with "Holiday Inn" camping...don't have to empty the pee pot, contentinal breakfast served, swimming pool right there, towels provided, etc., but if you get a camper I'll come sit out and visit and enjoy my grandkids.............MIL

    ReplyDelete