Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Updates

You like me, you really like me! I haven't been writing and I've been hearing about it.

So here's what we've been up to...

Things have been pretty busy around our house and lives in general. Trophy Hub finished his 3 week summer course in Religion with an "A". His GPA keeps going up and we are SO proud of him. He is now staying busy being Mr. Mom during the day until he goes to work.

Work for me has been really busy. I am looking to fill an open position and interviewing candidates is exhausting. I am a hard worker and have high expectations. I try to warn applicants of what they're getting themselves into. Ha! I think I found a winner though! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Peanut is enjoying t-ball and can hit the ball extremely well. He has a wildlife camp through UI coming up in a few weeks that I am sure he will love.

Bubba is doing well despite a few injuries of late. A few weeks ago, the dog took him for a walk down the sidewalk and he didn't have a shirt on. He skinned up his ribcage, head, cheek, elbow and both knees. Then last week, he hit his head on the concrete (twice, actually) and ended up with a concussion.

Mothers of boys need to have some sort of ER quick access card or something....there is NOTHING worse than having your child sick or hurt. NOTHING.

Our summer get away is right around the corner. As a reminder, since I haven't been writing and all, we are going to Florida where my parents have a house. We are pretty low key when go down there. We usually just like to hit the beaches, some shopping, a few favorite restaurants, the pool and go in the boat for some fishing. Plane tickets are booked, rental car is booked...now July 15th just needs to get here!

We'd like to do a couple other day trips this summer - we already did Adventureland - like the Niabi Zoo and maybe Lost Island in Waterloo. I can't believe it's only a few miles from my parents house and we've never been. Travesty. Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment