Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I need your help!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged in a week! Shame on me!

Well, I'm back and this is going to be better than ever. Ok, not really, but I thought I'd get you excited.

Since my brain is like goo and can't think backwards I will just tell you the future plans...

Friday is a special day for me, so I'm taking off at noon and pampering myself for the rest of the day. After my meeting I am headed for a cheap manicure & pedicure. From there, I'm having a not-so-cheap 60 minute facial and a 60 minute massage. Trophy Hub got me a gift certificate last Mother's Day and I just never got around to using it. I called and they said they would honor it although it had expired in May.

Fabulous.

Ok, I need some guidance here. I've never had a massage. (Crazy, right?) When I made the appointment, she asked me if I had a preference on male/female and although my mind thought "I want a female" my mouth said "Oh, it doesn't matter". So of course I'm scheduled with Stan. Seriously? Stan? That's what I get. Trophy Hub says he will be 200 pounds overweight, sweaty and hairy. I say he will be buff, tan and Latino. Ahem.

Anyway, back to needing some guidance. What do I wear to have a massage? Am I nude or do I wear my undergarments? I need help. Clearly. And quite frankly, it's stressing me out a little bit.

Saturday, my parents and my nieces are coming for the day. Trophy Hub is taking my dad fishing and my mom and I are going to take all the kids to the beach. Should be fun!

Monday is "unpack the backpack night" and ice cream social for Peanut.

Tuesday, Trophy Hub starts back to school.

Wednesday is Trophy Hub's 30th b-day! (Any ideas on something special to do for him? I'm a bad wife and didn't plan anything. I could use some ideas!!) Also Peanut has a one-on-one meeting with his kindergarten teacher.

Thursday, Peanut starts kindergarten!!!

And to answer your question, NO I'm not emotional about him going to kindergarten. He is so outgoing and makes friends so easily, I am not worried about him at all. I'm excited for him!

We're in for an exciting week!

3 comments:

  1. It's about time you got back to your blog! Missed you......MIL
    Oh, by the way, can't help with your massage questions....have never had one either. So will want a report...maybe it's something that couls help my aging body!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about the massage. I felt so guilty the one and only time I had one. It seems like such an indulgence. I did have a woman, however, and when she came into the room, I knew her - even worse! She was my mechanics daughter! What was next? Needless to say I was very tense the whole time. But you have to remember they are professionals and have seen it all! Enjoy! Barb Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barb! I am looking forward to it although I'm a little nervous! BTW, I did get your emails this week and I will respond SOON. :-)

    ReplyDelete