Tuesday, January 18, 2011

14 weeks

I am 14 weeks pregnant! 

The baby is 3.25 - 4 inches long (about the size of your fist) and weighs almost 1 ounce. Can anyone tell me why my belly seems so ginormous if the baby is only that big? I was thinking it was at least the size of a cantaloupe based on the looks of my belly. 

Anyway...here is a pic of what the baby probably looks like (although I'm sure mine is MUCH cuter).

14 Weeks Pregnant
It still amazing me that even though the baby is only 3-4 inches long, it still looks like a baby! I think as long as I live it will always amaze me. 

Right now, the baby can squint, grimace, frown, pee and even suck his/her thumb! 

Plagerizing disclaimer - I stole the following (and made it my own) from another blogger:

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 14 weeks

Size of baby: Size of a fist.

Maternity Clothes: I have switched to maternity pants at work. I usually wear a maternity shirt that doesn't look like maternity under a sweater.

Gender: We don't know yet! 

Movement: Not feeling movements yet. I thought maybe a felt a few flutters this weekend, but it's pretty early for that. 

Cravings: Fresh foods - subs. 

Anti-cravings: The smell and taste of hamburger cooking. ICK. 

Symptoms: Sneezing, nose constantly running or stuffy. 

Sleep: I sleep pretty good until I wake up at 4am to go to the bathroom then my nose starts to run.

What I miss: Sleeping all night??
 
Best Moment this week: Bubba asking if he could touch my belly...then did so ever so gently.

3 comments: