Monday, January 17, 2011

The long weekend


We had a very lazy long weekend around here. Trophy Hub may beg to differ as he was helping my brother work on wiring our basement for the second Saturday in a row. The good news is the wiring is 99% complete! We just need it inspected and then it's ready for drywall.

Bubba started complaining of a sore throat Saturday afternoon and when I picked him up to feel sorry for him he felt warm. He is not a complainer so I figured he was probably getting sick. I gave him Tylenol every 4 hours and it seemed to keep his fever away. Sunday morning he told me right away his throat and his stomach hurt. So...off to UI QuickCare we went. Diagnosis: strep throat.

The doctor prescribed Zithromax for him since he's allergic to Amoxocillin. The great thing about that is that it's only 5 days. The bad thing about that is it messes with his digestive system. It doesn't take much on the poor little 32 pounder. No fever though and he says his throat doesn't hurt anymore!

We had a fun day planned today, but it snowed, sleeted and snowed some more so we stayed home. Peanut played in the snow a few times with some neighbor kids. He's so social and doesn't mind getting cold because I always make him hot chocolate when he comes back in. The trick is getting all his gear dry in between trips outside. I tried to talk Bubba into going out, but he's a little too much like me when it comes to this weather. He just said "NO!" It's probably ok though considering the strep situation.

I could really use a 3 day weekend every week. Or maybe a 4 day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment