Tuesday, February 1, 2011

16 weeks


(When Bubba asked what the baby looked like this week and saw this picture, he said "he's praying!")

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: 4 1/2 inches from crown to rump and weighs 3 1/2 ounces. Baby K is the size of an avocado. 

What the baby is up to: Getting ready for a big growth spurt. In the next few weeks, baby K will double his/her size! (Maybe that explains my HUNGER the last few days!) He/she has started growing toenails and is now pumping 25 quarts of blood through his/her heart each day. 

Maternity Clothes: Yes - these are definitely necessary.

Gender: We don't know yet! Everyone says a girl.

Movement: Yes, I think so! 

Cravings: Havarti cheese.

Anti-cravings: Anything greasy. Hamburger. ICK. 

Symptoms: Sneezing, nose constantly running or stuffy. I started using nasal pray about 12 days ago to help relieve the stuffiness. I quickly remembered that that stuff is horrible. It helps for the day, but the problem just gets worse over time, you become dependent on it and it completely kills your taste buds. So, after using it for 9 days, I went cold turkey and I think it might be getting better. (I don't really think it is, I'm just trying to stay positive!)  


Sleep: Last week I invested in a body pillow, which Trophy Hub fondly refers to as my "boyfriend". Don't let him fool you though, he admitted to snuggling up to my "boyfriend" to stay warm. It is pretty comfy and I've been sleeping much better.

What I miss: Sleeping all night.
Best Moment this week: Feeling distinct baby movements!

No comments:

Post a Comment