Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Not my finest parenting moment...

Peanut: "Carson doesn't like me."


Me: "Why not?"


Peanut: "Because he says I'm stupid."


Me: "Well, you tell Carson that he's stupid."

Peanut: "I can't! I'll get in trouble!"



Me: "Then tell him I said he's stupid."

Peanut's eyes are as big as saucers.

I have been diagnosed on more than one occasion with a very serious disease. It can affect your personal life, your professional life and everything in between. It's called verbal diarrhea. As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that isn't always a good thing. (And I should add that I've learned I'm not always right. Go figure!) I've had to take my medicine and have learned to bite my tongue.

So, couple my case of verbal diarrhea with my momma bear instinct and you get my not-so-finest moment in parenting.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I told the boys one time, like 4 years ago, that whatever one did to the other, the other could do it back. That lasted for about 30 minutes and then I retracted it, but all these years later they still remember and throw it up in my face! ARG.

    ReplyDelete