Sunday, December 13, 2009

The post where I link to YouTube twice, share recipes & ramble...a lot

I felt like doing this today when the boys went outside twice and played nicely for longer than 5 minutes together. Peanut has loved the snow for several years.

When we had our snow day on Wednesday, Bubba didn't have much interest in playing outside. It was a lot colder, but it may have also been because he looked a little like this. So I was pleasantly surprised how well he did outside today. Only a few meltdowns over mittens falling off.

Our weekend was very uneventful. Trophy Hub deer hunted both mornings and worked both nights. We did head into the mall yesterday and hit a few stores. Didn't get one Christmas present, so I'm very far behind now. My MIL is going to watch the boys some night this week so I can get my shopping done. I usually shop slowly over 2 months, but I could not get into the spirit before our vacation. I'm paying for that now!

I have a question for you...what do you do with your Christmas cards? I love getting them, but haven't come up with a good way of displaying them. Right now, they are sitting in a pile on my kitchen counter.

What is your favorite Christmas sweet or snack? Send me your recipe! I have 3 get togethers next weekend and would love to try one of your favorites!

Here is my all time favorite and they are so easy:

Chow Mein Cookies

1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips

1 bag butterscotch chips

Chow Mein Noodles

Melt chips and add noodles. Drop onto wax paper to set. Enjoy!

Here is another favorite, a little more work and totally worth it:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

1 c peanut butter (you can use chunky, but I use creamy)

1/4 c butter, softened

1 c powdered sugar

2 c Rice Krispies

1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips

2 T vegetable shortening (or paraffin wax)

Beat peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Stir in Rice Krispies. Shape into balls. (You can either put these in mini muffin cups or just put on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper - I do the latter.) Refrigerate or freeze. Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Spoon over balls.

Yum.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little behind on my blog reading, so this may be way too late for you, but I'll post anyways cuz I can! I have a wooden christmas basket that I put our cards in. That's it. I really don't display them.

    We got your christmas card...the boys are SO cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete