Friday, April 16, 2010

Mrs. K's pet peeves

I'm no English teacher. Just look at that sentence! There's your proof! 

But...come on people. Let's talk about pronunciation.

Frustrated: There is an "r". It's not fustrated. 

Ambulance: Not ambliance (pronounced ambleeance). 

Just sound them out! I promise, it works! 

Ok, let's move on... grammar.

There, Their, They're - There is a place, Their is something that belongs to them, They're is short for They Are.


To, Two, Too - Two is a number, Too means also, To is used with verbs (going to).




Who's, Whose - Whose is possessive, Who's is short for who is.


Your, You're - Your is something that belongs to you, You're is short for you are.


Its, It's - Its is possessive - something that belongs to someone, It's is short for it is.


What are your English language pet peeves?

1 comment:

  1. OOooooh, Julie...you KNOW me and we've talked about this subject before! I'm not perfect with my english either, but if one more person AXES me a question, I SWEAR I'm going to the nearest fire station!

    ReplyDelete