Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring has sprung

Lilac flowers
Yesterday, we did one of our favorite things. We went plant shopping! I know, I know, we're party animals. Trophy Hub is partial to Lowe's over Menards, but we hit both. Rabbits have killed several of our shrubs up front, so we're working on replacing them. Our house faces north so it is mostly shaded and getting shrubs and plants that can tolerate that is difficult. We came up with a red wine lilac for the corner that gets some sun and a peony for the backyard by our bedroom window. I'm excited to see how these will grow this summer!

We also picked out a new patio table since we've been through 2 tables in the last 3-4 years. Glass table tops don't agree with our laziness about taking umbrellas out when storms are approaching. So we got a metal table with (removable) tile squares. We still have chairs that we like so now we'll just need to get an umbrella and a base. We really like to eat outside, so we're looking forward to using it!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, THAT is a beautiful pic!! You and your new camera are totally surpassing me with my photography skills!! You have to tell me what kind of lens and settings you used.

    I can't wait to plant flowers and sit out on the deck (more). Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could take credit for that pic. It was just a google image. My lilacs haven't bloomed yet, although they are working on it. I'll try to recreate it in a month or two. :-)

    I did get a new lens that takes awesome close-ups. It's the same one you have, I believe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel much better now :) And I know the lens you are talking about - the 55mm one, right? I love that one, but I can't get close ups that close. Still practicing!

    ReplyDelete