Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bad blogger!

Scold me. I deserve it. This week just seemed to fly by and I felt like I had no time to blog.

Here's an update on what we've been up to:

I'm happy to report that I'm officially back on the wagon. After my 33 pound weight loss dropped to a 26 pound weight loss, I got my butt back in gear. I went back to Weight Watchers last week and had an amazing 7 pound loss in the first week! I am hoping that I am able to jog regularly without my injury flaring up again. If you don't know about my injury, just use your imagination.

We carved pumpkins. Correction: Trophy Hub carved pumpkins. I was busy making treats for Peanut to take to BASP tomorrow (info to follow), Peanut thought the insides were gross and Bubba thought the insides were scary. Last year he actually cried.
Onto the treats. These are my absolute favorite Halloween treat to make. Here is my recipe for Oreo Eyeballs:
8 oz cream cheese (I always use light)
Package of Oreos - crushed completely in a food processor
Vanilla Almond Bark
M & Ms
Red decorating gel
Soften cream cheese and mix with crushed Oreos. Roll into balls. I always put them in the freezer to get them really hard then dip them in the melted almond bark. Decorate.
I was in a big hurry tonight so they're pretty sloppy, but I doubt the elementary school kids will care! They are so good. I did not taste test tonight, but Trophy Hub gave them the thumbs up. I have experimented with peanut butter and mint Oreos and those are good too. I usually make them at Christmas too and just decorate with sprinkles instead of m&ms and gel. Just make sure however you decorate, that you do it while the almond bark is still wet and it dries super fast. (The only exception is that the gel goes on better once it's dry.) Try them your way and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment