Thursday, May 21, 2009

A 5 year old's bad words

One of our favorite things to do is to just let Peanut talk about whatever he wants to at dinner. We are completely silent and he just talks. Here's how it went tonight.
Peanut: "Nicholas* said the f-word and the b-word together."
(*this friend from preschool's name has been changed to protect suspect's identity)
Trophy Hub: "He did? What are those words?"
Silence. But a very big 5 year old grin.
Trophy Hub: "Peanut, it's ok for you to say the word to me just this one time."
Peanut: "Ok, the b-word is (whispering now) 'dumb'. And the f-word is 'shut up'."
Ok, by now I am just dying. I had a napkin to my face and I had tears I was laughing so hard. Trophy Hub knows my complete inability to control my laughter so he had full control of this conversation.
Peanut: "Oh, yeah! AND he said the a-word."
Trophy Hub: "What is the a-word?"
Peanut: "Stupid."

No comments:

Post a Comment