Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New look and sand castles

Welcome to the new look (and title) of my blog! I like to keep things new and fresh, so don't be surprised if the look changes every few months.

Tonight Peanut had his first t-ball practice of the year. I must say that he has gotten pretty good at hitting the ball, but that child has absolutely no interest in fielding the ball. It is really hard for me to watch. I am a pretty competitive person, but I can honestly say that I don't care if he's good or not, I just really want him to try and to care. And those are the two things that he's lacking with t-ball. He wasn't the only one making sand castles, but I was the only parent ragging on her kid the whole time to get up, pay attention, turn around. I'm sure the coach thought I was a psychopath.

He may grow out of this, but it could be that t-ball just isn't his thing and that's ok. So is this indicative of a personality trait that is going to make me crazy for years to come? I'm not so sure, because I have seen him truly work hard at many things. For example, he has a very long attention span when it comes to anything having to do with the (expletive) boat or fishing. You can tell that he really loves it. Don't get me wrong...I do still believe that there are some lessons that Trophy Hub and I need to work with Peanut on.

These are the things that challenge me. Especially with Peanut. Should I have let him play in the sand? Should I have let him pee in the grass? Should I have let him come sit down and take a drink? Maybe I was being too hard on him. Advice?

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog look, Julie!

    T-ball is like that. Seriously, just enjoy it. My boys, and most of their buddies, were ALL like that in the outfield, and I always thought it was hilarious (but yes, I would holler out for him to pay attention now and again but secretly I was tickled and thought it was the cutest thing ever. I think I have more video of that behavior than I do of actual play)!

    Anyway, it's just t-ball and his concentration will improve as he grows. I have two former "t-ball outfield dawdlers" who are now very serious (and may I say pretty dang good) ball players at 7 & 11 :)

    ReplyDelete