Monday, July 20, 2009

Anatomy of a Peanut

Do your kids ever just seem like they have grown up over night?

Sure, I suppose there could be some wacky hormones on my part since kindergarten starts in a little over a month. But really, I'm ok with that. He's ready. He's not clingy. It's all good. I'm excited for him.

Last night at supper, he reached over and pushed Bubba's milk back so he didn't knock it over. It made me think of all the ways he's growing up. He's riding his bike like crazy now, learning how to spell words, taking showers instead of baths, feeding the dog, etc.

His make up is a good mixture of Trophy Hub and me...

He has my temper. I take full credit for that one.

He has his daddy's heart. Solid gold. I told him that my bike seat hurt my bottom and he told me that he would trade me because his didn't hurt.

He meets new friends everywhere he goes. He asks kids at the park what their names are and introduces himself. I think us adults could learn something from him!

Trophy Hub and I have the same wacky sense of humor, and Peanut shares this. He thinks weird stuff is funny and makes jokes that we would. Let's just hope he has a sensor that tells him when to keep his mouth shut. Sometimes my sensor takes a snooze.

He can dish it out, but sometimes he can't take it.

His daddy is his hero, but he tells me daily that he loves me "so, so, so much".

He prays that he loves our family (naming everyone - including the dog).

He is the coolest 5 year old I know. And I am honored that I get to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment