Thursday, July 2, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

Be prepared tonight for several topics and no smooth transition between them.

Tonight, I have a date. My kids are gone (with my MIL) and my husband is working. So, I have a date. With whom, you ask? Myself. And my bathtub.

Ahhhhh.
Bubble baths are soooo good for my soul. And my sanity.



Apparently everyone in America has the day off tomorrow - except for me. I'm not bitter though. It's going to be a wonderfully productive day at work and I'll get 8 hours of vacation to use on a day of my choosing. That's better anyway! Right? Right. Remind me of that tomorrow at 2pm when I'm wishing I was home. Or on the beach.


After we had supper and the boys went with their granny, I went to Wal-Mart. Can anyone tell me what has happened to customer service? Is there such a thing anymore? I know, I know, I shouldn't expect good customer service at Wal-Mart, but I really don't get it anywhere. It's annoying.

Have you ever used these space bags? I thought this would be great since the tubs I bought for my seasonal clothes are too tall to be put up in the closet. Of course, why would they fit? That would be too easy! And these bags seem a bit too good to be true.

Let me know if you've used them and how they were!


Look at this picture I took of Bubba the other night while he was sleeping with Max (his duck).
Couldn't you just eat him? Those cheeks are as soft as they look, let me tell you.

Head on over to Kelly's blog and pray for the healing of her heart as she lost her first true love...her dog Reggie. If you're not a dog person, move along. If you are, you'll get it.

I'm excited for the 4th. We have lots planned Saturday! Parade, visits with family, fireworks, etc.

Have I told you all lately how wonderful Trophy Hub is? There are so many things I love about him. One of the things that I find so admirable about him is that he is a role model...and he doesn't even realize it. Some kids rode by on their bikes today and stopped to talk to him about some issues they were having with another boy. (He didn't know these boys.) He helped them. He didn't think twice about it. Yes, that is his job. To sort out problems. And dang, he's good at it.

Did you follow all that? Hope so.

Everyone - enjoy your 3 day weekend! Have fun and be safe!

1 comment:

  1. hey mommy, I'm just now getting caught up and thought I'd share my SpaceBag experience. I really like them. The travel ones are great for suitcase packing. The larger sizes are wonderful for storage/moving. I invested ina lot of them right before our last military move to help keep everything from smelling funky from the truck/storage. Only downsides, 1) if you store things for several months they may smell a little vinyl-y when you take them out 2) soemtimes you get a bad bag that rips when you open/close it. The good news is that when I emailed the company about it, they promptly emailed back and asked me to send info on sizes and numbers so they could replace them at no charge. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete