Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Follow up to the camping trip


Why the rhino, you ask? Well...when I was searching Google for an image for "follow-up", this was one of the first things that popped up. So, I'm going with it. It's 11:30pm and I should be sleeping. I think I'm delirious.
Anyway...many of you have asked how the camping went. Trophy Hub came in the house at about 11pm to go to the bathroom and so we could both vent about every single cotton-pickin' teenager that lives in our town jumping on the trampoline and playing basketball at the house behind us. OF COURSE on the ONE NIGHT they want to camp out, the neighbor girls invite the entire high school over.
Yes, once again, I'm turning into one of those grumpy old people.
Ahem.
By then, Peanut was already sleeping like a rock. (Note: this child doesn't sleep much, but once he's out, he's out.) About 4:30am, I wake up to the dog barking and chaos. All at once, Bubba came out of his room, Peanut came flying down the hall, Trophy Hub was making everyone go to the bathroom...it was weird. Everything is weird at 4:30am. It turns out the air mattress had a small hole in it - I warned Trophy Hub about this - so they woke up laying flat on the ground. Again, Peanut was OUT, but he woke him up and they came inside to sleep for a few more hours.
They had fun though. And I think if we did have a bigger tent - one that the 4 of us could fit in - and got a few new mattresses, I would consider going tent camping. Although there would just have to be so many rules...close to home, close to the potty, not too hot, not too cold...I'm just not sure it would be worth it. Trophy Hub would probably be better off leaving me at home. I could go camping at the spa!

1 comment: