Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seriously...



There is a reason my crime-fighting career didn't last long. I have no tolerance for that behavior. I just don't get it. I know that sounds stupid. Rarely do level headed people get why off balance people do the things that they do.


I honestly remember thinking over and over during my crime fighting career "At what point in someone's life do they decide that it's ok to do ______?" Seriously!


There have been 3 bank robberies in our area in the last 10 days. And one of them at my bank. Not my branch, but my bank. And we are one big dysfunctional happy family. So now it's personal. Having been through 2 robberies several years ago at my (then) branch, I can testify how traumatic it is for everyone. You are never the same, even if you are not the one that was personally victimized. Each person that walks through the door could be the next one.


So, back to my question. When does that become ok? Do you just wake up one day and decide that you have the right to walk into a place of business, point a gun at someone and take money that does not belong to you? People who do things like should be locked up and they should throw away the key. I know, some of you may think I'm going too far. Because, again, it's personal to me.


But, the underlying theme of most crimes is there. The complete disregard for others. They do not care that they have traumatized people and changed their lives forever. I'm not sure there is any rehabilitation that could teach these people things that should be innate.
Augh...get a clue people. You will get caught. You may get caught in the parking lot, you may get caught later that day, you may get caught the next month or the next year. But you will get caught. And I hope they throw away the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment