Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day #6 (I think) - Animal Kingdom

Today, we visited Animal Kingdom. It was probably the least favorite of ours. That would be because.....the vacation crowds have arrived! We have been spoiled rotten with small crowds and little to no waiting. Today, we were shocked to find ourselves in a sea of people and lines galore. Never in a million gazillion years would I ever want to come to Orlando during a peak season.

Never.

Ever.

Ever.

I'm not a big fan of crowds. Or waiting.

We managed to have some fun though. Imagine that!

We went on a few rides that were fun. Here is a pic of Expedition Everest:

Don't ask Peanut about it though...he didn't care for it much.

Speaking of Peanut, here is a comparison of a nearly 6 year old humans hands to a 6 year old gorilla's! And he has pretty big mitts!

Bubba was pretty content. He got to see giraffes - which are his favorite - during our safari ride. We have walked about 39483762 miles over the last week and he has kept up with us pretty well. He has done a fair amount of shoulder riding on my dad, but for as little as his legs are we still need to give him some props.


Tomorrow has an 80% chance of rain, so I think we're going to hit the I-4 flea market and Beall's. And when I say "we", I don't mean all 9 of us! Probably just my mom and me. And maybe my nieces. I'm way a little excited to not have to keep such a close eye on 8 other people too!

We leave early Friday morning, so we'll probably try to pack up as much as we can tomorrow so we can enjoy Thanksgiving outside since it's supposed to be nicer. The clubhouse in the gated community where we're staying has a really nice pool with a water slide so we may check that our after our not-so-traditional Thanksgiving dinner (brats anyone?).

No comments:

Post a Comment