Sunday, November 8, 2009

HuHot

Tonight we had a wonderful early celebration at HuHot for Bubba's 3rd birthday (his actual b-day is tomorrow). My parents, nieces, brother and MIL met us for supper, gifts and cake. Why HuHot? Bubba absolutely loves it. See...?

Here is Bubba's first look at his Blue's Clues cake. I think he approves!
This is my first character cake. (Sorry the pic below is a little dark - my flash wasn't cooperating last night when I took it.) Don't look too close because you will see many, many flaws. It took me hours - a true labor of love. But...I had a ball doing it and I learned a lot on what I would do differently before tackling one for Peanut next month.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cake - great job! You have more patience than I by far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, that cake turned out awesome!! Good job :) And Bubba has good taste - HuHot rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the compliments! That look on his face made the hours of work all worth it. And it really was fun!

    ReplyDelete