Friday, June 12, 2009

All you need is love

Sometimes being a parent can be overwhelming. Most days I'm just trying to survive. And of course make sure the kids survive. I just hope that I'm not doing something that will send one of them straight to the shrink's couch.

All I can do is love them. That's about the only thing I can do consistently. That's the only thing that everyday life does not get in the way of. The other crappy things I do like send them to bed without brushing their teeth (tonight) or tell them they're driving me nuts in Wal-Mart (tonight) I can only hope are over-ridden by the love that I smother them with.

I hope, but I'm not always convinced.

Then I walk into the room and see this...And it makes me feel like love is enough.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! You brought tears to my eyes Julie. That picture is the sweetest thing ever. And thank you for your post. How did you know that I needed to hear exactly that?

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete