Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My children are starving!


I need help!
Remember how I was saying that Trophy Hub's new schedule will be good? Well..it still is, but I need some dinner suggestions.
As most of you know, Trophy Hub is the main chef in the house. I like to cook, but he does most of it for a few reasons:
1. He likes to cook.
2. With the old schedule it made the most sense. (He could start cooking as I was on my way home and we could eat right away, which made for more family time in the evenings.)
So I need some ideas on what all of you other working folks do for dinner. I already know all the stand-bys - tacos, spaghetti, etc. But how about some recipes that I could throw together quickly when I get home? Or even make ahead of time? Any good crock pot recipes?
Please post a comment with your favorite quick recipe (or two or three!). My children thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Chicken Stoganoff:
    5 4 oz chicken breasts
    1 pkg onion soup mix
    1 can ff cream of mushroom soup
    10 oz ff sour cream

    Cook for 5 hours on high in crockpot. Shred chicken about 10 min before dinner. Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes for extra points. Stroganoff is 4 pts per serving, makes 8 servings. Very yummy and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! Love your blogging - you are a natural! Do your kids like vegetables? Any stir fry is quick and easy - especially if you get your meat at Fareway and they can cut it for you ahead of time. Also, there are so many things you can do with the Crock Pot, but be sure you use the Crock Pot liners - they are wonderful - you will never have to scrub that big ol' pot again! And of course, anything Tastefully Simple will be a hit! ;-) Barb Lopez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crock potting - you can make virtually anything taste good in a crock pot! Chicken can easily get overcooked if it's in there all day tho. Otherwise we like to do roasts or pork chops layered with cream of mushroom soup and whatever seasonings you like (salt, pepper, garlic) potatoes, onions & carrots optional.

    I also like to buy lean hamburger when it's on sale and cook up several pounds of it at once (I have 8 lbs. waiting in my frig) and season with my "house seasoning" which is 1 c. salt, 1/4 c. pepper and 1/4 c. garlic powder - I use it on everything.) Then I put put 2 (equals one pound) into ziplock baggies and freeze them. Then they are ready for tacos, spaghetti, or any other casserole in a flash! No defrosting or browning and cuts alot of time off a meal.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julie!

    I gave you a "Lovely Blog" award because your blog is awesome (and of course lovely!) and you make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete