Thursday, June 18, 2009

Heavy heart

It is with a very heavy heart that I post tonight. This week...

A very dear co-worker of mine lost her son suddenly to a brain aneurysm. A young man. A young father. Died too young. I hope his children feel his love for years to come and feel blessed that his organs saved many lives.

My sweet mother-in-law is slowly, but too quickly losing her partner...the one she has loved for many, many years to cancer. An old man. A grandfather. A man who has lived a long life, but will missed so much by so many when his time comes.

And my brother...the one who has struggled for so many years against his own demons, continues to dig himself into a hole so deep I wonder how he will ever come out. A young man, who for some reason feels he doesn't deserve a good life. A father, whose daughters may wonder if he loves them. A son, whose parents made the heart breaking choice to turn away instead of watching him self destruct.

Please pray for these three men and their loved ones. They need it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, I'm so sorry. Vince and I will be praying.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie....you are the greatest and say the nicest things and at right time. And my prayers are also with your "heavy heart" and concerns at this time. MIL

    ReplyDelete