Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I am a Calamity

ca⋅lam⋅i⋅ty
1. a great misfortune or disaster, as a flood or serious injury.


My adventure at Target today wasn't exactly a flood or serious injury, but the word "calamity" kept popping into my head.

I needed body wash. I was in the aisle smelling all the different kinds. I have always hated the smell of Dove, but there was a new kind that I thought it might smell different. I took it off the shelf and flipped open the top.

It squirted down the front of my shirt.

I rubbed it in. Thankfully I was wearing a sweater so it wasn't noticeable at all.

Then I put it to my nose and gave the bottle a little squeeze to get a whiff. (You should think I would have just smelled my hand after rubbing it into my sweater, huh?)

It squirted again, this time up my nose and all over my hands.

I stood there, praying to God that no one was watching this, not sure what to do with the soap all over my hands.

I was wearing dark pants so I couldn't rub my hands on them and I had no tissues in my purse.

So, I had no choice.

I had to rub it into my hands like lotion.

Augh.

And in case you were wondering, it didn't smell different. It was the same old Dove smell that I hate. And I was just getting started on my little shopping adventure, so I had to walk through the whole store smelling that.

Ick.

No comments:

Post a Comment