Sunday, September 27, 2009

Under the weather/Other weekend happenings

Today Bubba is a little under the weather. He has a fever and no other symptoms (besides the whiny drama that typically accompanies a fever), so I'm assuming it's just a virus that will soon be gone. He just fell asleep in his popcorn. Poor baby!

We attended a wedding yesterday and he suddenly felt warm at the reception and wanted to go home. Trophy Hub took his temp when we got home and it was 102.2! So we gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. He checked him again a few more times before we went to bed and it was slowly coming down. And it's been up and down all day today too.

I swear, as soon as we get some crisp air that child's health goes in the pooper. I always worry about him because he is so thin, it's harder for him to ward off illness. On a positive note, he seems to have gotten taller all of a sudden! I put him in 3t pants yesterday. I'm happy to report that the length was perfect and so was the waist - after I tightened the adjustable waist as far as it would go!
Peanut is a bruit and gets over illnesses in a matter of hours. He too has had a growth spurt and his growing out of his old clothes and into his new ones. This usually happens closer to his birthday (December), but this year it seems fitting with him starting school. Everyone tells us how tall he is. He's going to be taller than me by the time he's in 2nd grade!
Yesterday morning, I heard the boys get up so I drug my butt sprung out of bed to find them laying on the couch together. It was so cute, but by the time I got my camera out, Bubba was sitting up and not cooperating for the shot. Surprisingly though - usually it's Peanut that is camera shy.


Speaking of cameras, I'm still using the old 5.1MP Sony camera. Grrrr. The good news is that I'm looking at the camera I would like to have on eBay. There are plenty to bid on, so hopefully I'll have a new one soon. Don't tell Trophy Hub. Oops, I guess he does read this.

I have some exciting news coming! (No, I'm not pregnant.) I have decided to start on a new venture and I'm excited to share it with you all. I don't have all my ducks in a row quite yet, so I will share as soon as I do!

And lastly, have you ever heard a voice on video and think to yourself "Augh! Who is that?" And then realize it was you? Uhhh, no. Me neither. Ahem.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but with all the new seasons starting this past week, I can not handle anymore cliff hangers. You BETTER post on your new "venture" soon or I'm going to be on your doorstep demanding details SOON! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Bubba! I hope he feels better soon. I always hate it when my kids are sick.

    Love the new fall design, so fun!

    And what kind of camera are you wanting? I needtoknow needtoknow needtoknow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. K - It will be soon! Tomorrow, I'm sure. Or I'll just call you and tell you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm not crazy about all the colors of fonts and what-not, so I need to work on it.

    I'm definitely getting a Canon. Probably not quite what you have - I want to start cheaper since I'm new to the SLR world! Most likely a Canon EOS Rebel XT SLR 8 MP.

    Foxtrot that K! :-)

    ReplyDelete