Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rudeness


Oprah said in one of her shows that you show your true colors by how you treat people that serve you. I don't bow down to Oprah, but I happen to agree with her 100%. Having worked in the area of customer service for the last 15 years or so I know how it feels when someone is unnecessarily rude to me.
Today Bubba and I went into town to grab a few groceries and some top soil for some fall gardening we are doing. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch and witnessed a woman having a temper tantrum because the cashier almost didn't give her a medium fry and drink like she had paid for. ALMOST. He caught it before he even gave it to her. She was rolling her eyes, sighing heavily and looking around in disgust. It was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. I think she wanted someone to agree with her that the man working at the register was a complete moron, but I only saw one moron - and that was HER.
If I didn't have my son with me I would have told her she was a moron and I would have told the guy at the register that I was sorry he had to put up with people like her. Seriously...is that her biggest problem? That the order guy at Wendy's didn't get it exactly right? Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment