Monday, March 30, 2009

Healthy tips from a chocoholic

YUM. Have you tried these little treats from above? Wow! They are ooey gooey gobs of guilt-free goodness! They are only 150 calories (3 Weight Watcher points if you're counting)!!! Even if you aren't counting, they are fabulous and the perfect after dinner treat. I have to admit I even hid it from Bubba when he asked me what I was eating. What kind of mother would do that?!



Something else that is absolutely wonderful is Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate squares. These little gems are only 1 WW point (sorry, not sure of the calories). The antioxidants in one serving of this dark chocolate equals 2 glasses of green tea!!


Ok, I know what you're thinking. Probably the same thing my trophy hub was thinking. These do not go right through you! They're fiber, not Olestra. These bars are super tasty and along with all the awesome healthy benefits of fiber (digestive health, lowering cholesterol, etc) they also fill you up and curb hunger. If I'm in a hurry in the morning - ok, let's face it, I'm always in a hurry - I grab one of these as my breakfast. These are 140 calories and 2 WW points.





And last, but certainly not least, the Chocolate Bran Muffin! These are made from low-fat brownie mix, bran cereal and baking powder. That's it. Viola! They taste like a chocolate cupcake. And they are only 1 WW point! Sometimes I put them in the microwave and top with fat-free cool whip for an extra special treat.


Ok, there you have it. A few tips from this self proclaimed chocoholic! Now it's your turn to give me your tips!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't tell me you've just found out how wonderful the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate is?????? I could have told you that long ago...think it's my favorite, but to be hiding your chocolate from Bubba....now come on, a little chocolate and calories isn't gonna hurt him!!!! Now I see what kind of a mother you really are!!!!!!!! MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog about chocolate!!! Yay!!! I definitely have alot to contribute...however if you are looking for "healthy" or "lowfat" chocolate contributions, I'm not sure that I have much to offer. I do like the Weight Watchers mini chocolate cakes....but if you eat the whole box like I do then you might as well just have a real piece of chocolate cake.

    Thanks for your ideas! I'll definitely be trying them out!

    ReplyDelete