Saturday, March 21, 2009

Paying it forward


Every once in awhile someone does something that makes me feel like mankind isn't going in the pooper after all.

Last night my Trophy Husband and the boys met me at Texas Roadhouse for supper. We saw one of my favorite co-workers there eating with his wife. When we were finished I got my card out to pay and our waitress told us that our meal was paid for by the gentleman sitting behind us (who had already left). I was shocked. But, it was so him. He just does things like that. He didn't do it to be a hero. He didn't do it so I would thank him and tell him how wonderful he is. He did it simply to be nice. It's like a breath of fresh air.
Of course I called him to thank him and he in turn tells me what a great family we are. I cannot think of any better compliment than that.
Whenever someone goes out of their way to be kind, it makes me want to do the same. It doesn't have to be anything big, but I believe it all matters in the end. It's like these commercials. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly who that mystery co-worker was. He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete