Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend mumbo jumbo



Guess what I did this weekend?!

Ok, so we did get to do a few things in between loads:
  • My trophy husband was off most of the weekend. I love that. Once every 6 weeks we feel like a normal family. As normal as we'll ever get I suppose!
  • Peanut went to his very first kid-only birthday party. He had a ball!
  • We had a ridiculous winter storm. Ummm, hello?! It's almost APRIL.
  • We headed to the Amana Colonies for brunch. Yum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True conversation with Peanut tonight while he was in the tub.

Peanut: "Mom, are you cleaning the toilet?"

Me: (cleaning the toilet) "Yup."

Peanut: "Do you like cleaning the toilet?"

Me: "No, not really, but it's something that has to be done. Especially when 3 boys use this bathroom."

Peanut: "I think you like cleaning the toilet."

Me: "Yup, you got me. I love it."

Peanut: "I think you're going to marry the toilet."

Me: "I'm already married...to the master of the toilet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Has anyone ever been to the Omaha Zoo? My MIL has mentioned going there this summer. I've heard it's huge. Is it too huge to take 5 & 2 year olds? It looks like it would be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. J,

    We took E to the Omaha Zoo with his cousins they were ages 4, 3 and 2. The temperature was over 100 degrees. We had a blast despite the weather. We stayed in a great hotel (far away from the zoo) that had a great indoor pool for kids that age. I highly recommend it for a quick get away. I do recommend taking a stroller or wagon but be ready for those hills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drug to the Omaha Zoo several years ago, before kids or hubby were anywhere close to my thoughts. I don't remember it being too large. Although I do remember my hair doubling in size during our trip thru the Amazon Rainforest. If it gets too hairy, they do serve wine coolers in the cafe, which I found awful strange, although enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete