Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Fever!


It's been awhile since I posted. And I've only told 2 people about my blog. I suppose it's time to roll this out! Welcome friends and family! I wanted to get a few posts under my belt and figure everything out before I told everyone about it. It's still a work in progress, so bear with me. I plan on getting some help from some fellow blogger friends on jazzing it up with some music and other fun stuff.

We had a productive weekend. The weather was fabulous (it was 60 today - yay!) and I always feel more productive with a window or door cracked. Thursday night we switched some beds around so there was lots of putting away/finding new homes for things that needed to be done. (Pics of the boys having trouble adjusting to the new arrangements are above - ha!) I tackled my closet that I'm pretty sure hasn't been organized since we moved in...almost 4 years ago. Ahem. Aside from being productive, we got to have some fun outside too!

My ever so helpful MIL met us at the mall today and I got to get away and do some grocery shopping sans kids. Woo hoo! It's amazing how I just zip through the store when I don't have to say "Come on, put that down, quit, don't touch each other, quit growling (yes, I actually have to say that), don't look at each other, no we're not getting that, let's go, no it's not time to go pay yet, chill out" etc etc. You get the point. If you've ever shopped with 2 & 5 year old boys I need not elaborate.
Since I have admitted to the world via photo that Bubba still has a pacifier, does anyone have any advice on getting rid of the thing? And don't just tell me to take it away. Obviously if it was that easy I would have done it by now. (He also has a blanket addiction which actually doesn't bother me because it doesn't go in public.) Peanut sucked his thumb from 2 months, so we now battle the thumb. Augh...I may as well have a savings account titled "Braces".

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh...the binky. We snipped the end off so it was harder to obtain suction. That just made him suck harder on it. So I snipped a little more, about half of the nipple. Again...sucking hard. So I cut the whole thing off, gave it to him and told him it was broke. He walked around holding it to his mouth. Augh...so I snatched it up and threw it in the trash. Somehow I had managed to get thru all those months with only a couple binkies so I didn't have to play the "you found ANOTHER one?!?" game but I have to admit even though he only used it at nap and bedtime, the 1st few nights were rough. I just gave him a sippy cup with a little water in it when I laid him down so he still had something to suck on for a little while. After a few nights, he didn't want the water anymore either and we were done. Good luck...it'll be a few rough nights but then it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mommy, your posts are precious!! Great job!! I love all of them and can't wait to show my own Trophy Husband your blog when he gets a chance to sit down :)

    Lots of Love (and Addicted to Your Blog),
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2?? I DREAM for the day that I get to go shopping with just TWO...try 6! ok...most of the time it's just 5, but Hope counts for 2! Love that you're bloggin'! ~ V

    ReplyDelete
  4. V - I think by the time the parents are outnumbered (3) you're just delirious. I'm not sure what category you would fall into. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. E - thanks so much. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly - thanks for the advice. One of these days I'll get brave and try it. Or maybe I'll wait until I get away for a girls vacation and let Brad do it. :-)

    ReplyDelete