Monday, April 6, 2009

The boat story

The (expletive) Boat

Trophy Hub has always wanted a boat. About a year ago, I finally gave in. Not so much because I'm a nice wife, just because I was sick and tired of hearing about it. Anyway, he saw a jonboat for sale for a mere $800. He called the guy and after some haggling , he got him down to $600 or $650 (give me a break, it's been a year).


When he picked up the boat, the man told him that he was lucky that he was a man of his word because after he got off the phone with him, another guy called and made a full price offer. Trophy Hub told him he appreciated it. The generous man told him that it was hearing his kids in the background on the phone that sealed the deal.


Heartwarming, no?


So a day or so after the verbal deal has been made, I see him perusing the Craigslist boat section. Ummm, hello? Didn't we just buy a boat?


Me: "What are you looking for?"


TH: "A boat motor."


Me: "Huh? We just bought a boat."


TH: "Yeah, but it doesn't have a motor."


Me: "What?! You didn't tell me that when I agreed to buy it!"


TH: "You didn't ask!"


Me: "When I go to buy a car, I don't ask if it has a motor!"


Silence.


Me: "How much is a boat motor?"


TH: "A couple thousand...?"


Me: "How much are oars?"


The 2009 boat update is as follows: still not outboard motor. He got a trolling motor from his dad for free (the operative word in my language), but of course it needs about $100 worth of parts and/or work. The good news is this will get him out on the lake in our town! The bad news is he still hasn't shut up about a outboard.

4 comments:

  1. I will apologize for the assistance that my "trophy husband" has offered to yours throughout this process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accomplices shall remain nameless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahhahah!!!

    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, sounds like a great deal to me!!

    ReplyDelete