Monday, April 13, 2009

The power of an L

Peanut has swim lessons on Mondays and Wednesday nights for a few more dreaded weeks. This is a painful experience because I'm trapped with Bubba for 45 minutes trying to find things to do. We go for lots of walks and watch people in the gyms playing basketball, volleyball, tennis - whatever - to pass the time. We have been visiting the adjoining library the last few times because he loves to be read to and they have a guinea pig named Flat Stanley that he loves to torment. This is always an interesting experience too because 2 year olds only speak in one volume and that is LOUD.

So tonight after a few bangs on poor Flat Stanley's cage, we headed to the children's section of the library. We couldn't find the Blue's Clue's book that we read last time so we decided to go play with the puppets. I had a skunk that I was making clap and he wanted to do it. So I gave it to him but his little hands couldn't fit in both the arms. He was getting frustrated and started yelling "He's not crapping! He can't crap anymore!" You see, Bubba doesn't say his L's very well. Clearly. He says "Don't rook at me","I hurt my rip", "I rove you". You get the point. So, the skunk couldn't crap.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's AWESOME! I hadn't laughed like that in a LONG time! I almost had tears!!!

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAYBE the funniest thing i've heard in a LONG time.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete