Friday, April 10, 2009

Peanut butter jelly time

I try not to use the word "hate". That wasn't a big issue before I had kids, but there's something about hearing that word out of little mouths that makes me cringe. So, we say "dislike" or "don't like". But I hate mornings. (Please don't tell Peanut or Bubba I said hate. Thanks.)

This morning I was rushing around as usual. It doesn't matter if I wake up 2 hours before I need to leave or 30 minutes before I always end up in a hurry. It's a horrible trait, I know. So, I was rushing around and I came out to the kitchen to grab my breakfast and Trophy Hub puts his hand on my back and gives me a little rub. He's affectionate. I'm a lucky woman. Then the rub feels more like wiping. He was making breakfast for the boys. Breakfast was toast and english muffins with peanut butter and jelly. So, can you guess what the wiping was? Yup, you guessed it. Well, when he realized he got a little jelly on my back he tried to wipe it off and smeared peanut butter on it too. And did I mention I was wearing a white shirt? Yeah. And since I'm already running late, I really don't want to change my whole outfit, so I just grabbed my black sweater to go over my PB&J shirt.

I suppose if that's the worst thing he did all day he's still a keeper.

Speaking of PB & J, the boys love this. Enjoy and good luck getting it out of your head!

2 comments:

  1. I know! We don't watch Family Guy, but I saw this clip somewhere else like a year ago and the boys were hooked immediately. I've seen it so many times that I just sing along and then sing it by myself for hours. :-)

    ReplyDelete